– The “A Million Ways” video featured on VH1’s “Best Week Ever”Â
– online views top 1 million.
– Ok Go performs on “Good Morning America”.
– “A Million Ways” tops MTVu’s countdown show “The Dean’s List.” Anyone seeing the signals yet?Â
– video has been streamed more than 3 million times.
– The band performs on “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” then on DirecTV’s CDUSA the next day
– In its first week online, the “Here It Goes Again” video was streamed more than 1 million times; by late August, it had been viewed more than 3 million times.
We kept saying: ‘All signs point to the hit,”‘ Kitman says. “But there were questions: Do people love the song, or do they really just love the video? Do they even know it’s a band? We never really knew.”
The video has not resulted in meaningful sales for either the album or the single — even in markets like Boston where the song is getting spins.
What does this all mean? it means that a band with a gimmick with a mediocre song can’t sell alot of records.Â Right??