MORE Indie Invaders / POSTED BY: KINGSOFAR

Less than 3% of all new artists actually get to gold or platinum status. This article is for the other 97% + of all artists out there…

Whether your band is #1 on the alternative radio charts or your album just debuted in the top 24 on the top 200 soundscan chart or you just got your first support slot on a nationwide tour with the hot band of the moment or maybe your band is working hard for the break like the most of the bands out there living the vision and bleeding for the passion – one things still remains common to all bands at all levels – to be truly successful as a touring band, you have to be focused on selling concert tickets and t shirts.

In an ever so competitive market where records sales and profit margins are shrinking and artist development is of the past, bands today need to be more self-reliant now then ever. One of the few areas where a band still can maintain its creative control is merchandise. Hitting the road to tour so kids from city to city can be a part of your lifestyle is a major part of the business model in creating that “break�. As equally important as the music you play and how you play, is what kind of merchandise you offer at your shows and on your website. It is a priceless promotional value of when a fan buys your band’s Tshirt and wears it to school the next day.

Bands today need the knowledge of how to properly manage and develop the merchandise line. In today’s market, you don’t have to have a retail deal to turn your brand’s logo into profits. Merchandise income when managed correctly enables bands to see their visions grow at a time when other avenues of the music business seem to be shrinking. In lieu, bands should focus on the business module of merchandise early in their career and find new and creative ways to self promote.

The age of the internet shows no boundaries, no limitations; it is the entrepreneur’s ultimate canvas. The internet has become a 24 hour 7 days a week 365 days a year gateway to your every wish. The internet can be your music, video and merchandise distributor. If this all sounds a bit overwhelming and need to tools for success, here is a company that helps bands get off their feet and get affordable merchandise so that bands can start their own music career… www.sicscreenprints.com

Twitter
Facebook
Newsletter
Recent Posts
  • FlowFanatic Bares Vulnerability in Latest Track ‘Dumb & Young’
  • French Artist Martin Oh’s Feel-Good Track: ‘Can’t Leave You Behind
  • Thunder Jackson Drops Steady Freddy: A Haunting Melody of Broken Vows
  • Laila Releases ‘I Hope It Kills You’: A Surprising Revenge Ballad
  • Brooke Drops Uptempo Electro Rocker ‘All I Ever Wanted’
  • Sea Girls Reach Pop Perfection with New Track ‘Midnight Butterflies
  • Brian Walker Drops New Breakup Song Dear Jane
  • Flora Cash soars with their latest release, “Dragon”
  • Alex McGarry yearns for simpler days in the song “Petals.”
  • The Bogmen Return with ‘In My Kingdom’: First Single from Highly Anticipated NYC Band’s Album in Over 25 Years”
  • Keep an Eye Out for Molly Rose Hansen’s Raw and Intimate Track, ‘Isolated’”
  • Lily Lane’s Fiery New Ballad ‘Burn It Down’ Leaves No Prisoners
  • Estella Dawn’s New Single “If You Were In Love” Sparks Contemplation on Matters of the Heart
  • Kacey Fifield’s Latest Release ‘Left Behind’ Chronicles Fear of the Future and Being Left in the Past
  • Small Pools Releases New Track ‘Fake a Happy Face,’ Tackling Social Media”
  • Faunea Discovers Purpose in Latest Track ‘Forever
  • Emerging artist G.3.M drops debut song “ADHD.”
  • Megan Winsore Drops Roots-Inspired Gem Titled ‘Sure
  • Mt. Joy Cruises with Latest Song ‘Highway Queen
  • Payson Lewis’ Newest Release, ‘Slowly’ – A Calming and Vibey Track That Connects”
  • Gabe Lopez Hits a High Note with New Song ‘High 4 U
  • Sophia Angeles Takes You on an Emotional Rollercoaster with New Sad Pop Single ‘Distract Myself
  • Karina Breaks Free with Empowering Anthem ‘Chains’
  • Jordan Suaste Says ‘Be Who You Want to Be’ in New Track ‘Love Who You Want To’
  • Silent Season Offers New Hope for Rock in New Song ‘Hopeless’
  • SOMOH Drops New Song Problem Child
  • Lily Meola hits a high note with ‘Over The Moon
  • Imogen Clark’s ‘Big One’ Takes You Back to the 80s with Infectious Vibes”
  • Christos Drops Infectious Track ‘need me like i needed u’
  • Blondfire pulls you into a lovesick dream world with her new song ‘Foolish’.
  • Follow

    Home

         

    About

         

    Contact

         

    Daily Readership

    Copyright 2024 Kings of A&R     Website Design by PaleBird