- Producer Jermaine Dupri is in negotiations with Universal Music Group about joining its Island Def Jam label, according to the NY POST. A deal with Island would again reunite CEO L.A. Reid with Dupri, who is seen as a double threat – functioning both as a producer and as a special guest rapper on albums fromÂ heavyweights as Jay-Z. Dupri resigned from Virgin in October after disappointing sales from Janet Jackson.
- Warner and Sony Invest in Mobile Technology Company
Warner Music Group, Sony BMG, and Access China Media Solutions are working together to develop and distribute solutions for delivering mobile music and multimedia entertainment to wireless customers throughout China and other Asia Pacific marketplaces.
- Rick Rubin rarely recieves negative press. But Velvet Revolver became “uninspired” working with Rick Rubin, accusing him of not giving the band enough attention in the studio. Scott Weiland explains, “If you’re gonna work with a producer, unless you’re gonna produce something yourselves, if you’re gonna pay a producer, get in the trenches with us and work with us.
- Check out this article ‘The Industry’s Reframing Of Music’s Role In Society’. It talks about the changing musical landscape and how consumers percieve music today. Welcome to the future.
- The former treasurer of NBC UniversalÂ was charged with stealing $813,000 from the company to finance private jet trips to the Caribbean, a summer home in the Hamptons and catered meals featuring Veuve Cliquot champagne.